CSI CARMEn Classroom / 5.4 Kirby-Bauer Disk Diffusion Analysis
Kirby-Bauer Disk Diffusion Analysis
How to take a measurement:
- Download the appropriate file; open the corresponding form
- Open ImageJ (imagej.nih.gov/ij/), Run ImageJ in Browser (may take a minute to load)
- Once the bar below appears, click on file => open => select the file you have downloaded (may slow down your browser for a minute)
- Utilize the straight line measurement tool to draw a line straight through the center of a particular dot / inhibition zone on a particular plate (see example below). Record the length (red arrow)
- Cross-reference which dot you are measuring (i.e. bacteria type, row and antibiotic) in the labeled diagrams in the form; then record your length measurement in the corresponding section within the form.
Earth Control Measurements - Please submit at this form.
∆phz and PA14x Space Measurements - Please submit at this form.
Staph, Staphx, PA14, PA14x (one sample) Space Measurements - Please submit at this form.