We have completed testing our first iteration of the payload at Carleton Lab!
Preparation for testing:
In order to attach our payload to the exciter for testing, we had to build one final piece: an interfacing part that would allow us to screw our mount into the exciter. The morning of testing, we used the mill and the drill press to manufacture the piece out of aluminum stock. Despite the tight schedule, we got it done!
After manufacturing the interfacing piece, we headed over to Carleton Lab to test the payload. The outer casing of the payload was able to withstand the vibrational loads we applied to it! The inner compartment though, was not as lucky and cracked.
Our next step is building the next iteration of the payload! We plan to modify many aspects based on testing: